Four weeks of being grateful! What a journey! Only two more days until my Gratefulness Challenge is complete. Crazy how you blink and a month goes by.
1. Documentation: Yesterday I started going back through some of my gratefulness posts and already I had started to forget some of the things I had written about. They serve as a wonderful record of what I have been doing for the past month as well as who I am as an individual at this moment in time. I have spoken about many of my values and beliefs in this process and though I am sure my thoughts on these topics will shift I think having a record of them to refer to is wonderful.
My oh my did yesterday bring about some big ideas as to what the next year is going to involve for me. It felt a little bit like standing at the edge of a pool right before jumping into the deep end. Thank goodness the first thing I wrote about during the Gratefulness Challenge was my appreciation for change because it feels like there is a lot of it coming my way. With this in mind today’s items have themed themselves around the idea of new chapters in life.
1. Access to resources: I was in a meeting earlier this week and we brought up how fortunate we are to have so many resources at our disposal. Things such as business workshops, guides for writing contracts, and budget templates. Today I had a free information meeting with Dance Umbrella of Ontario and it brought the same thought to mind. There are so many organizations who have put the effort in to offering free or affordable resources for the general public. It is so helpful on both professional and personal levels to have these tools at my disposal.
Only five days to go on my Gratefulness Challenge! Luckily my worry of running out of things to be grateful for by day 25 didn’t come true. Instead I find myself frequently getting stuck on what to choose. I’m trying to cram all the most important ones in there before the month is up, but I doubt I will get them all in. I guess that just leaves room for another list later down the road.
1. Improvisation: I know that I may sound like I have it all together, but in all honesty, a lot of the time I have no clue what I am doing. I make it up as I go along. Some of the best things come out of just throwing all the balls up in the air and seeing where they fall.
My oh my! I can’t believe that I missed a day of my Gratefulness Challenge! Sometimes the day takes a turn that you just weren’t planning and there isn’t a whole lot you can do about it. With Valentine’s Day and then Family Day today in Ontario the week just caught me off guard a little more than expected. Hence the need for this double bill of a gratefulness post.
1. Determination: The past five days have been, to say the least, hard and I still have a few tough days left to get through. Some mornings I have woken up and all I wanted to do was roll over and fall back asleep. Some nights I would be heading out wondering why I couldn’t just be heading home. I haven’t really stopped much this week and it hasn’t been easy but it has brought many rewards. Sometimes you just have to get through stuff and push your body further than you ever have before.
Today’s Gratefulness Challenge post seems to have taken a more serious and introspective tone than yesterday’s. Maybe it’s because of taking all that time for myself yesterday. It gave me a chance to contemplate where I am at in this moment and how I relate to the rest of the world. Hopefully my ramblings come across as coherent. They feel very fresh and raw today.
1. Gut feelings: Also known as intuition. I tend to call them gut feelings because I literally feel them deep inside me. Not everything can be explained. Sometimes for no obvious reason you just know what you need to do. You can sense that something is out of sync regardless of what the facts are showing you.